Venison Steaks with Juniper and Orange
Venison Steaks with Juniper | Healthy Recipes - Flora ProActiv
Venison steaks with juniper and orange is a hearty taste sensation that literally drips with goodness. Managing your cholesterol has never been this tasty.
- RECIPE SERVES: 4
- PREP TIME 10 min
- COOK TIME 8 min
- 4 venison steaks
- 55 grams Flora Pro.Activ Buttery
- 1/2 orange, zested and juiced
- 6 juniper berries, crushed
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the Flora ProActiv Buttery spread, orange zest, crushed juniper berries, thyme and black pepper. Leave to chill.
- Brush steaks with olive oil and season with pepper.
- Fry in a non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side (according to your taste and thickness of steaks), and pour over orange juice and mix with the pan juices.
- Serve the steaks with pan juices and top with the chilled spread.
- Tip: Why not try serving with mashed potato made with 25g of Flora ProActiv spread and a splash of milk, and sprinkle with thyme.
|Energy (kcal)||255 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1063 kJ|
|Protein (g)||26.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||2.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||2.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.8 g|
|Fat (g)||15.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||3.7 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.9 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||22 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||55 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.14 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||51 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||11.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||21 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.67 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||34 mg|