Quinoa Salad with Garlic Bread
Quinoa Salad Recipe | Healthy Salad Recipes - Flora ProActiv
An excellent source of protein, quinoa is both delicious and healthy. This quick recipe is a vegetarian favourite that is great for your heart.
- Recipe serves: 2
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 100 grams quinoa boiled with 3/4 cup water
- 30 grams flaked almonds
- 60 grams dried apricots finely chopped
- 100 grams pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 yellow pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 orange juiced and zested
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- Twist ground black pepper
- 20 grams Flora pro.activ buttery spread
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 thickly sliced crusty wholemeal bread
- Fresh corriander or thyme to garnish
- Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions, and set aside to cool.
- Mix the quinoa, flaked almonds, apricots, pomegranate seeds and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir the orange juice and zest, vinegar and black pepper through the salad mixture.
- Rub two slices of bread with garlic. Toast until brown, then spread each slice with half of the Flora ProActiv Buttery.
- Serve the salad with the garlic bread and enjoy!
|Energy (kcal)||450 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1883 kJ|
|Protein (g)||12.6 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||67.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||56.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||20.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||10.5 g|
|Fat (g)||17.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.2 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||13.6 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||6.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||8 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.01 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1589 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||82.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||114 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.17 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||941 mg|