Buttermilk scones with orange and cinnamon spread
Buttermilk Scones | Healthy Dessert Recipes - Flora ProActiv
Who would have thought that healthy deserts could be this healthy yet still maintain their delicious taste? Let Flora pro.activ show you how to keep eating well while maintaining a healthy diet.
- Recipe serves: 10
- Prep Time 10 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 75 grams self-raising flour
- 55 grams oat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 55 grams Flora Buttery
- 25 grams caster sugar
- 7 tbsp buttermilk
- 100 grams Flora Pro.Activ Buttery
- 100 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC Fan/Gas mark 7. Grease a baking sheet.
- Place all scone ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead lightly.
- Roll out to 1.25cm (½ inch) thick. Cut into rounds with a plain 6.25cm (2 inch) floured cutter.
- Lightly knead trimmings together, roll and cut into rounds as before.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the spread ingredients together. Chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Serve with the scones.
|Energy (kcal)||102 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||425 kJ|
|Protein (g)||2.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||24.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||22.8 g|
|Sugar (g)||13.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.8 g|
|Fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.1 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||137 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.35 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||38 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||86 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.84 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||83 mg|