Chicken Curry Recipe | Healthy Main Course Recipes - Flora ProActiv
A family favourite, our chicken curry is not only bursting with flavours but a healthy filling dinner meal. Manage your cholesterol while still enjoying the flavours of the east.
- Recipe serves: 4
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 15 min
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2.5 cm fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 chicken breast fillet, cut into chunks
- 400 grams tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 Knorr Chicken Stock Cube, dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 100 grams spinach
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 100 ml low-fat natural yogurt
- 225 grams basmati rice
- 1 tsp coriander seeds toasted
- 30 grams Flora Pro.Activ Buttery
- A handful of fresh corriander leaves, chopped
- In a saucepan heat the olive oil over a moderate heat and fry the onion until soft. Then add the garlic, ginger, turmeric and curry powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the stock, stirring constantly. Add the chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the rice according to pack instructions.
- Add the chickpeas to the curry along with the spinach leaves and heat until the spinach leaves have just wilted. Then stir in the mango chutney and natural yogurt. Heat through gently, but be careful not to boil.
- Drain the rice and stir in the Flora ProActiv spread, coriander seeds and the coriander leaves. Serve with the curry.
|Energy (kcal)||533 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2231 kJ|
|Protein (g)||44.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||69.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||63.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||6.5 g|
|Fibre (g)||6.5 g|
|Fat (g)||8.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||86 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||527 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.32 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1714 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||7.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||81 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.83 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||393 mg|